It is the policy of the California Permanente Medical Group Political Action Committee (CAPMG PAC) to limit the collection and safeguard the privacy of personal information it collects and maintains. The CAPMG PAC’s information management practices are consistent with applicable laws pertaining to information privacy.
What information is collected on the CAPMG PAC’s website?
CAPMG PAC collects two types of information on the website: (1) non-personally identifiable information (Non-PII) for everyone who visits the website; and (2) personally identifiable information (PII) for anyone who donates to CAPMG PAC using the website.
- Non-PII (Website Usage Information. Cookies, IP Addresses and Traffic). CAPMG PAC uses “cookies” to collect information about visitors and their use of the CAPMG PAC website. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on a computer and collects information about how visitors use the CAPMG PAC website. CAPMG PAC may also gather information about individual uses of the website, such as types of data accessed, times and volume of use, duration of sessions and other similar usage or system data. If a visitor is browsing the website’s public areas, CAPMG PAC does keep track of IP addresses and domain names but this technical Non-PII cannot be used to personally identify visitors.
How Does CAPMG PAC Use Your Information?
- Non-PII. Non-PII is analyzed for system administration and to monitor usage of the website. It is used to measure the number of visits to the website, average time spent, number of pages viewed and to monitor various other website statistics. This monitoring helps CAPMG PAC evaluate how visitors use and navigate the website so CAPMG PAC can improve the content.
- PII. CAPMG PAC uses PII to track donations, answer questions and report information about donations (which is required by law). We may use PII about a donor or user of the website to develop and inform that person about developments, information or resources that CAPMG PAC believes may be of benefit or interest or to help provide the user with better service.
How Does CAPMG PAC Share Information?
Disclosure of PII to Third-Parties. Except as provided below, CAPMG PAC does not share a visitor’s PII with non-affiliated third parties without permission.
- CAPMG PAC may release limited PII when required to do so by law, including reporting donations to the appropriate government agencies.
- Service Providers: CAPMG PAC also may disclose information to outside companies that help provide the services, information and resources offered on the CAPMG PAC website. For example, CAPMG PAC works with an outside vendor Authorize.net to collect and process donations made to CAPMG PAC. CAPMG PAC requires that this outside company agree to keep confidential all information shared with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in the agreements.
How Is Information Protected?
CAPMG PAC takes reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality of PII, including physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards, as required by law. CAPMG PAC continually reviews security procedures and mechanisms to ensure that reasonable protections are in place.
Links To Other Sites.
The CAPMG PAC website may contain links to third-party sites that are not under CAPMG PAC’s control. CAPMG PAC is not responsible for the privacy practices, security or content of such third-party sites or use of the same.
If you have questions about how CAPMG PAC uses or discloses your information, please contact: